Connoisseur of Ruminations
"If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins."
I like to think of myself as a person of discriminating taste. Indeed, without having the patronizing demeanor in being demure I'm often thoughtful to an appalling degree about a number of things having to do with what may at first glance appear obsolete in actuality being the converse. For instance, to me the mere sound of the word "compassion" makes me cringe! And don't get me started about whatever the heck "unconditional love" (gross, ick, yeesh!) is, a dreadful phrase may it fall on deaf ears! In all honesty I have the capacity to be compassionate, I mean I love and obsess about self-care and fashion just as much as the next girl. The only difference is I'm Amirah and you've come to me out of what I hope is an intriguing curiosity to hear what I have to say. Call me the conceptual catalyst for the change you wish to be and see in the world. I'm here to help you make the real, tangible connections you just can't get from the he-said-she-said, water cooler talk of the town. This is your one stop shop for the juicy deets and tidbits I just can't get enough of and you're sure to love as well. So welcome to my blog about the ruminations we all have, whether its current events books, movies, beauty, fashion, or spirituality there's knowledge out there we all seek in answering life's musings.
Amirah's Guide to Being Inspired, Creative, and Productive
1. Knowledge is Key: Input Equals Output. Catalyze those cerebral cells and read like your life depends on it! I'm constantly reading. In instances where I'm in search of mojo, or an idea and need to get my creative juices flowing I resign my self to pouring over nonfiction be it newspapers like the New York Times, self-help, grammar, or psychology books, and especially fashion magazines.
2.Two words: Carpe Diem! Explore the World Around you. Go out in search of creativity. Be a visual and auditory learner. Witness your environment, your community firsthand. There's sure to be a movie playing at the local theatre. Free your mind. Or how about the great outdoors. I always feel refreshed and focused after a morning spent birdwatching. Museums are also sure to have what you're looking for if you want to tap into the right emotions.
3. Be a "Social Butterfly." Network with people you know from work, school, or your place of worship. I never leave home without my business cards. You should always keep your resume up to date. Be an optimist. Speak the truth. You can also try reconnecting with old friends, that's how memories are made.
The Shameless Splurge: Winter Ready Beauty Products I'm Raving About
1. Rice Water Bright Foaming Cleanser, AVON x The Face Shop.
2. Rice Water Bright Cleansing Facial Wipes, AVON x The Face Shop.
3. Assorted Face Masks, Real Nature x The Face Shop.
4. Je ne sais quoi Hydrating Color Awakening Lip Treatment Serum, It Cosmetics.
Read it and Weep: The Skinny on The Haves and Have Nots
“The ‘everybody seems wealthy’ illusion— is it really just fueled by debt? No doubt, most people could improve how they handle their finances. But better money management isn’t usually the culprit: When people seem to be able to afford much more than their income would suggest, it’s often because there is hidden wealth or hidden debt.”
Click on image to learn more!
The Law of Attraction: 5 Easy Steps to Getting What You Want
1. GRATITUDE: You get back what you put out in the universe. For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction. Newton's Third Law meaning what goes around comes around. Express gratitude on a daily basis to not only a higher power, but to the ones you love. Try making a list of everything you're thankful for, then every morning when you wake light an incense and recite the list aloud like a prayer or affirmation make a ritual out of being mindful and becoming worthy of abundance, mercy, and opulence. And remember to stay focused on the positive. If we think of truth as being an altruism of good, then "who are we not to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?"
2. VISUALIZE: You are enough. You are the person you want to be. What's more, you are deserving. Have an imagination about what you aspire to. Picture yourself accomplishing your goal. Meditate. Prioritize.
3. ASK: Be honest about what you want . Vocalize it. Make note of it. Expressing intention to a higher power also helps to keep the mind clear and focused on your objective. I've found that John the Conqueror incense are an excellent aid in receiving divine intervention in difficult situations, especially work related instances.
4. BELIEVE: Believe in your creator. Try seeing the bigger picture and accept that you are worthy because He, or She created you and that you're not necessarily different but special and integral.
5. RECEIVE: Be open. Often what we need isn't exactly what we think we want. More often than not what we need is actually and merely a stepping stone to the things we want.
The Shameless Splurge: Brand Spankin' New Avon Bath & Body
1. Himalaya Pink Salt Body Scrub & Cleanser.
2. Dead Sea Salt Body Scrub & Cleanser.
3. Sparkling Vanilla Champagne Shower Gel.
4. Sparkling Vanilla Champagne Body Mist.
5. Sparkling Vanilla Champagne Hand Cream.
6. Sparkling Vanilla Champagne Body Lotion.
STYLE: The Congeniality of Ambition
Be it a calling or a casting that gave rise( speaking of rising to the occasion) to her success, the budding contemporaries of Olivia Palermo exceedingly await the style guru's debut this February. "Unlike the majority of well-known people with a reality show pedigree she is instead following in the tradition of coifed high society swans of the past." And if you ask me, axioms of demure aesthetics and predispositions could learn a lot about the appropriate level of taste necessary for resonating with an audience of aspiring fashionistas. In addition to consistency, tact, and due diligence its okay to be a walking contradiction. Its called leaving a little to the imagination. Its actually putting forth effort and ultimately looking effortless because you dress to impress on the regular. All in all a good read. Definitely a tidbit. I highly recommend.
Click on image to learn more!
What China Has Been Building
in the South China Sea
China has been rapidly piling sand onto reefs in the South China Sea, creating seven new islets in the region. It is straining geopolitical tensions that were already taut.
Double click image to read!
‘We Cannot Afford This’: Malaysia Pushes Back Against China’s Vision
A country that once courted Chinese investment now fears becoming overly indebted for big projects that are neither viable nor necessary — except to China.
Double click image to read!
The Big Hack: How China Used a Tiny Chip to Infiltrate U.S. Companies
The attack by Chinese spies reached almost 30 U.S. companies, including Amazon and Apple, by compromising America’s technology supply chain, according to extensive interviews with government and corporate sources.
Double click image to read!
Get this! And Get R Done! With tresses as silky, sleek, and smooth as these you'll really level up! Or should I say be winter's bbbbbb BAD to the bone in straight hair don't care salon quality protective styling token black girl who, be shell.
Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Lather Shampoo.
Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Intensive Treatment.
John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength Serum.
John Frieda Frizz Ease Heat Defeat Protecting Spray.
John Frieda Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight Flat Iron Spray.
Silk Elements MegaSilk Heat Protection Spray.
Ion Smooth Solutions Keratin Dry Oil Mist.
Natural Remedies for Clear Skin
Let's get right down to the nitty gritty roots of it. What exactly is healthy and also somehow naturally made for our skin? Trust me if you're someone who tends to feel daunted by having too many different brands to choose from, I've got you covered. From the raw natural ingredients you should stock up on to the literal keys to success in having an unbeatable cleanliness skin care routine. The following herbs/plants I prefer to use as a scrub along with freshly ground coffee beans after steeping in hot water which I later use as a rinse.
Aloe Vera to start is probably the most popular remedy for healing sores and preventing scarring.
Balm of Gilead Buds are said to purify and beautify the skin if used while bathing.
Comfrey Root an herb of many uses, has been found valuable in removing various imperfections on the skin and will in many instances cause wrinkles to disappear.
Echinacea boiled in water can be used as a lotion for pimples.
Elecampane steeped into a tea can be used as a facial rinse to cleanse the pores and aid the complexion.
Mask of the Less Stressed: The Unequivocal Skin Care Essential
Makeup works wonders for us all, sure that's true at first. But, the thing about makeup is that its subjective in that once we start relying on it on a regular basis, a considerably more concerted effort of cleanliness is then required in our skin care and beauty routine or regimen. Therefore, in addition to switching up my routine every once in a while by substituting natural remedies for cleansers and scrubs, I thoroughly enjoy spending my entire day pampering myself. One way I do that is with a face mask. Luckily I'm an Avon Representative, so I can definitely assure you all products listed here are hands down the keys to success in maintaining smooth, even toned skin. I swear by them. They also help me to feel amazing everyday and keep me confident and comfortable in my own skin.
"CLUTCH" Avon Face Masks:
Avon Anew Purifying Clay Mask
Avon Anew Calming Clay Mask
Avon Anew Brightening Clay Mask
Avon Anew Ultimate Gold Peel-Off Mask
Avon Anew Neutralize Anti-Pollution Charcoal Mask Stick
Avon Clearskin Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask
Avon Calming Sheet Mask
Avon Smoothing Sheet Mask
Avon Brightening Sheet Mask